Product / Wing Transport Station for wing components, together with 160m taxiway from the existing runway with push back apron.
Tier Consult were appointed to deliver a single consultant delivery and therefore compiled a consortium of designers:-
MHP : Davies Partnership
Taxiway / Lighting: Carillion
Civil / Structural Engineering: Tier Consult
Project Management: Tier Consult
- The removal of 16,000 cubic meters of airside below ground peat, ground remediation to form a new 320m long taxiway and 150m long push back area with associated airfield ground lighting and signage from the existing runway to a new hangar.
- The construction of a specialist loading / unloading hangar of 4600 m2 GEFA, incorporating three storey welfare block and 8 internal storage racks including mezzanine structure.
- The installation of a bespoke aircraft docking station and two 36m long, 200 tonne cargo boarder transporter units.
- The relocation of 12 existing storage wing rack to a new external hardstanding storage area adjacent to the main hangar.
The formation of a new 250 space car park and associated new road construction together with existing road re-alignment.
- Infrastructure services work including the re-alignment of the hydrant main, sprinkler main, natural gas, water, foul and water drainage and electrical services on a 24/7 operating manufacturing site.
Tier Consult duties included structural engineering, civil engineering, project management, transport planning and geotechnical surveys.
Client Airbus Operations